How can I change my Plesk admin password?
Parallels Plesk Panel allows a server administrator to set up new websites, reseller accounts, e-mail accounts, and DNS entries through a web-based interface. The administrator can create client and site templates, which predetermine resource-allocation parameters for the domains and/or clients.
This guide will show you how to change or reset your Plesk administrator password.
Please allow up to 15 minutes for your Plesk admin password to change.
Via the AccountCenter
- Log into your AccountCenter.
- Click on the primary domain for your DV server.
- Click on Change Plesk Password, see Figure 1 below:
Figure 1: The administrator password can be easily changed.
- Type in your new password then click on Change Password, see Figure 2:
Figure 2: Enter your password twice.
The Plesk admin user is also the root MySQL user. Please remember to update your database connection information with your new password.
- Connect to your server via SSH.
- Run this command:
export PSA_PASSWORD='NEW_PASSWORD' ; /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/ch_admin_passwd; unset PSA_PASSWORD
- Next, run this command: