Close a service or account
Follow these instructions to close one of your (mt) Media Temple services or your entire account.
For data protection purposes, only the listed owner of a (mt) Media Temple account can close services. If you are not the listed owner of the account you wish to close, please have the listed owner log into the AccountCenter to complete this process.
Submit a Request to Close
- If you are the listed account owner, sign into the AccountCenter.
- Click or hover on the Billing tab. Or, just click here to be taken there directly.
- Click Request to Close.
- Click on the red X next to the service you no longer want. Or if you want to close the entire account, click Close entire Account.
- You will then be presented with a confirmation page. Select your closing date from the drop-down menu. These dates are based on the billing cycle for your account. Type a Reason for closing.
- Click submit request to close.
- This service will now be closed on the date requested. If you selected the earliest date, you will not be billed for this service again. All content and backups related to this service will be lost after the designated date.
Please keep in mind that a service with an annual payment method will be prorated on a basis of 10-months, not 12-months, since we provide a 2-month discount for annual payments.
If you would like to close the service before the dates available in the AccountCenter, please follow these steps:
- Submit a Request to Close for the service you want to close. See instructions above.
- Open a new support request referencing the service you want to close. Be sure to indicate your desired date of closing.
The support request must explicitly confirm that you are aware that you will lose ALL data associated with any closed service or account. We will not be able to process any expedited request without this acknowledgment.
If you are closing an IP address add-on service, we ask that you submit a support request rather than a request to close, as this will allow us to determine which additional IP address you need to remove. For more information, please visit this article.
For security purposes, an email confirmation will be sent to the account Owner after a Request to Close is filed in the AccountCenter, to ensure that all cancellations are legitimate.
Requests to Close by telephone, fax, or email will not be accepted.