How do I change my primary domain?
This article provides details on how to set the primary domain for your (mt) Media Temple servers.
Instructions for Grid
You can now change your primary domain in the Account Center, here's how:
You must have at least one alternate domain already on your Grid to be able to change your primary domain. For more information on adding a domain to your Grid, please see:
- Sign into your Account Center.
- Click on your primary domain.
- The next screen is your Grid Control Panel, click View Your Guide in the Server Guide panel.
- Under the Domains section, click the Change button.
- The next screen has your alternate domains listed. From the drop-down menu, select your new primary domain, then click the Save button.
- On your Account Center Overview page, your primary domain has been changed.
Instructions for DV server
Currently, DV server customers can simply change the primary domain via the Account Center.
Changing the primary domain will also change the hostname for the server. However, it will NOT change the hostname in Plesk, so you will want to change as well. It is also recommended that you change the Reverse DNS to match. Last but not least, you will want to perform a reboot.
- Sign in to the Account Center.
- Select the Admin button for the DV server, or choose the current primary domain for the server via the Domains tab.
- Select View Your Guide in the Server Guide panel.
- Select Change for primary domain.
- Provide the new primary domain you wish to use and click Save.
Instructions for (ve) Server
Currently, (ve) Server customers can simply change the primary domain via the Account Center.