How do I change my primary domain?
This article provides details on how to set the primary domain for your (mt) Media Temple servers. Remember, you must use a primary domain for a service when logging into the AccountCenter. For more information on this, please read: Logging into the AccountCenter.
Instructions for (gs) Grid-Service
You can now change your primary domain in the AccountCenter, here's how:
You must have at least one alternate domain already on your (gs) to be able to change your primary domain. For more information on adding a domain to your (gs), please see:
- Sign into your AccountCenter.
- Click on your primary domain.
- The next screen is your (gs) Grid-Service Control Panel, click on Server Guide.
- Under the Domains section, click the change button.
- The next screen has your alternate domains listed. From the drop-down menu, select your new primary domain, then click the save button.
- On your AccountCenter Overview page, your primary domain has been changed.
Instructions for (dv) Dedicated-Virtual Server
Currently, (dv) Dedicated-Virtual Server customers can simply change the primary domain via the AccountCenter.
Changing the primary domain will also change the hostname for the server. However, it will NOT change the hostname in Plesk, so you will want to change as well. It is also recommended that you change the Reverse DNS to match. Last but not least, you will want to perform a reboot.
- Sign in to the AccountCenter.
- Select the admin button for the (dv) Dedicated-Virtual Server, or choose the current primary domain for the server via the domains tab.
- Select Server Guide.
- Select change for primary domain.
- Provide the new primary domain you wish to use.
Instructions for (ve) Server
Currently, (ve) Server customers can simply change the primary domain via the AccountCenter.