Ordering an SSL certificate from (mt) Media Temple
Ordering the SSL Certificate
- Log into your Account Center.
- Click Domains from the menu at the top of the screen and select Add New Domain or Service.
- Scroll down to the Add-On Services section, and click Activate next to SSL Certificate.
- Fill in the "Common name" with the domain name you wish to secure. If you leave the "www." box checked, the QuickSSL certificate will cover both www and non-www versions of your domain. If you are using this to secure a subdomain, remove the check from the box next to "www."
- Verify the domain order is correct, and then select Continue Order to begin the purchase process for your SSL.
Verifying the order after purchase
- Now we need to obtain contact information to be submitted to GeoTrust in order to complete the SSL order. Navigate to the Add-On Services on the Overview page and select the Manage button for your new SSL Certificate.
- Next, you will need to select a contact to act as owner of the SSL or enter the certificate owner's contact information. Then, click Continue.
- Once you have submitted the contact information, the verification process will begin. The verification process will require you to click on a link that will be emailed to the owner's email address that was submitted with their contact information.
The order should be completed within 12-72 hours after you approve the order. You should also receive a second confirmation email from GeoTrust once the order has been completed.
Installing the certificate
- Return to the Overview page in the Account Center once you have verified your contact information and click on the Manage button for your SSL Certificate
- The next step depends on which service will use the SSL certificate:
- If you are ordering for most of our hosting services, we are able to automatically install the SSL certificate onto the server. To do this, select which service you wish to apply the certificate to and click Install.
- If you are ordering for a DV Developer or (ve) server, or you do not want us to automatically, you will want to refer to the installing an SSL Certificate for instructions to manually install your SSL Certificate.