Follow these instructions to order an SSL Certificate from (mt) Media Temple. (mt) Media Temple utilizes QuickSSL certificates from GeoTrust.
- Log into your AccountCenter.
- Hover over the Domains tab and click on Add New Domain or Service.
- Scroll down to the Add-On Services section, and click Activate next to SSL Certificate.
- Fill in the "Common name" with the domain name you wish to secure. If you leave the "www." box checked, the QuickSSL certificate will cover both www and non-www versions of your domain. If you are using this to secure a subdomain, remove the check from the box next to "www."
- Verify the domain order is correct, and then select "Next Step."
- Now we need to obtain contact information to be submitted to GeoTrust in order to complete the SSL order. Navigate to the "SSL Control Panel" for your new certificate by clicking the "Admin" button from the "Overview" tab in the AccountCenter.
- From the "Admin" panel, select the "Continue" button to begin.
- You can either choose one of your existing AccountCenter contacts from the "Choose a Contact" drop-down menu, or select "Other" from that same menu, and fill out the fields listed below. Make sure everything is accurate, and that the email address listed is valid. Select “Next Step” when ready.
- Double check your approval email address, and select "Next Step" when ready.
- The next step depends on which service will use the SSL certificate:
- If you are ordering for a Grid, we may be able to automatically install the SSL certificate onto the server. To do this, choose your Grid, agree to the change in server IP, and click "Confirm Certificate."
- If you are ordering for a (ve) or DV server, or you do not want us to try automatically installing the certificate, choose "Install Later," and then choose "Confirm Certificate."
- You will have one final chance to review all the information entered for your order, and you can go back to modify it if needed. If you are satisfied that your information is correct, select "Generate SSL Certificate" to have the order submitted to GeoTrust.
- Once the order has been submitted, you will receive an approval email to the email address that you selected. You will need to follow the instructions in this email in order to complete your order.
- The order should be completed within 12-72 hours after you approve the order. You should also receive a second confirmation email from GeoTrust once the order has been completed.
- Return to the "SSL Control Panel" through your AccountCenter to begin the process of installing the SSL certificate onto your service.