Managing your contact information
This article explains how to add or edit a contact for your account. All types of contacts have broad access to your AccountCenter and to your server(s). An AccountCenter contact can:
- Access and modify your server(s).
- View some or all of your billing information.
- Call (mt) Media Temple for phone support and submit support requests.
Display current contacts
- Log into your AccountCenter.
- When you hover over the Contacts tab at the top of the navigation menu, the menu displays "Show All" and "Add a Contact." Click on Show All see Figure 1.
- This screen displays your existing contacts, see Figure 2.
Add a new contact
To add a contact, click the Add new contact button. See Figure 3.
Modify/edit a contact
To modify or edit a contact, click the edit button next to an existing contact. See Figure 4.
Delete a contact
To delete a contact, click the delete button next to an existing contact. See Figure 5.
- If you have chosen to add or modify a contact, now fill in your new contact information, see Figure 6:
Figure 6: Enter your contact information.
- Role: Choose one. Administrators can add new contacts themselves. All types have broad access. For detailed explanation of each role, please read: AccountCenter Contact Roles.
- Company: Your contact's company.
- Name: Your contact's name. They must use this name when calling in for support. This must be a personal name used by one individual, not a company name or generic login name. If you need to edit the name of the account owner, please complete a "Type A" Account Transfer Letter.
- Primary Email: This will be your contact's username for logging into the AccountCenter. It is recommended to use an email that is NOT hosted with (mt) Media Temple, so that you can still receive support emails if you ever have technical difficulties with your (mt) Media Temple email.
- (Optional) Alternate Emails: These email addresses will also receive account notifications.
- Primary Phone: Your contact's phone number.
- Twitter Username: Are you on Twitter? Enter your username here.
- (ac) username: Automatically populated with your primary email. Edit your primary email to edit your (ac) username.
- (ac) password and confirmation: Type your password twice. The password must be at least six characters long.
- (Optional) Your contact's address.
- (Optional) Short Description: Notes about this contact.
Manage your email subscription preferences
Choose which notifications you would like to receive from us. We recommend checking the boxes for all maintenance-related categories. For more information, please read this article: Manage your email subscription preferences.
Be sure to click the Save button after making your selections.
The Account Owner Contact cannot be deleted and the name cannot be changed without completing an "Account Transfer Request." For more information, please see: How do I transfer ownership of a (mt) Media Temple account?