Change Operating System
The DV Developer product contains the newest operating system builds and backend hardware. If you reinstall your operating system, your (ve) Server will automatically become a DV Developer server. All pricing and resource allocations remain the same between the (ve) and DV Developer.
You can reinstall your server at any time with a new operating system directly in the AccountCenter. For more information about the various operating systems you can choose from, please see our product page.
- Log into your AccountCenter.
- Select your domain from the 'Domains' drop-down menu.
- Choose the Rebuild Server icon:
- You will now be presented with a list of available choices for your DV Developer(ve) server. Choose your new distribution and click the Rebuild Server button at the bottom right:
- You will be prompted with a warning box. Choose Yes, I'm Sure to continue. This is your last chance to keep your current Operating System:
- While your new OS is installing, you will see a spinning icon to the right of the OS you chose. Feel free to stay on the page to see when the installation is complete or come back in a short while. Navigating away from this page will have no effect on your installation:
- Once completed, you can begin using your new OS. Any data from your previous system will be moved to the /old directory. Please delete or archive this data as it will count against your total disk usage.