How do I enable CloudFlare?
CloudFlare is a performance and security service that (mt) Media Temple is offering to our customers for free. It is a CDN (content delivery network) with a security layer.
For the Grid, you also get Railgun for free when you enable CloudFlare. Please click here for more information on how Railgun can help speed up your dynamic content.
- Log into your Account Center.
- Click the button at the top right of your screen.
- Scroll down to the Add-On Services section. Click the Activate button to the right of CloudFlare.
- You will be prompted to create a CloudFlare account, or input the credentials for your existing account.
If you have already linked a CloudFlare account to your (mt) Media Temple account for another server, this step will be automatically skipped.
- Once you have finished linking your CloudFlare account or creating a CloudFlare account, you will have the option to activate CloudFlare on your domains. Domains are sorted into two groups:
- Eligible Domains: These are domains that have been added to your (mt) Media Temple account on one of your servers and are currently using (mt) Media Temple's nameservers.
- Ineligible Domains: These are domains that have been added to your (mt) Media Temple account on one of your servers, but are not using (mt) Media Temple's nameservers.
You must use the (mt) Media Temple nameservers to take advantage of CloudFlare integration. If your domain is ineligible, you will need to switch to our nameservers before proceeding.
- To activate CloudFlare on an ellgiible domain name, click the Activate button to the right of that domain.
You may also want to install mod_cloudflare on your DV(ve). For more information, please see: http://www.cloudflare.com/wiki/Log_Files#For_Apache_Users.
- Click the Activate button to confirm CloudFlare activation.
- Please be patient. This step can take a few minutes as CloudFlare scans your zone file.
- Next, CloudFlare will ask which subdomain(s) you'd like to activate, if any exist. The 'www' subdomain will be selected automatically. Select any others you wish to activate, then click Continue to proceed.
For the DV and (ve) Servers, you can only add www.example.com. If you would like custom DNS settings, you will need to point your nameservers to CloudFlare. You can find your CloudFlare nameserver information by going to the DNS settings option in your CloudFlare account dashboard (Settings->DNS Settings).
- Congratulations! You've successfully activated CloudFlare service on your domain. You will see the following message.